I am really confused. I was working on my computer and it hung up trying to recognize a USB drive. I restarted the computer and everything appeared fine. The Bios Post was fine and when I expected to see the Windows screen I didn't get anything except for a black screen. I tried to restart and had the same experience. I then decided to check into the Bios, but everything was fine. I also tried to boot off the Windows XP Pro CD to check if something may have happened to my XP install. I had the same experience when I tried to boot off the CD. Please help. I plan on opening up the case tomorrow and seeing if maybe some RAM went bad, but was looking for some assistance before I got too deep into it. Thanks for any help.

Contributor
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ac130ewo

I forgot to include some information. I have an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, 2 GB RAM, AMD 64X2 4400+ CPU. 2x200GB hard drives, RAID 0. Running Windows Xp SP2. Let me know if you need any other information.

Ok, so here is an update. Tried removing memory modules one at a time, still the same problem. Also tried to unplug everything. Still same problem. Unplugged the hard drives, and the motherboard asked for a boot-up device. Do you think it is a hard drive? Booted off a WD Data Life Guard Diag and it recognized the drives fine. I am really confused. Could the mobo be bad? Could the CPU be bad? I am really at a loss. Please help!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.