I seem to be in a bind. I own a Dell computer which is a

• Dimension 2400
  • Intel Peneum 4 prossessor with 2.66 GHz
  • 768 Mb of RAM
  • 250 Gb of hard drive

I would like to upgrade my computer case for more of a air circulation swo all my equipment can be nice and cool. I would like to know if I would have to move all of my part inside of the computer to the new tower and I would like to know if I would be able to get a bigger tower then a mini tower which my computer is.

I also have another problem. I would like to get a new video card for my computer and I am not sure how to decide what to get. I think I need to know the power on my power supply to determine what kind I should get so can you guys help me in this dilema.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would like to know if I would have to move all of my part inside of the computer to the new tower

Yes.

and I would like to know if I would be able to get a bigger tower then a mini tower which my computer is.

Yes, you're able to buy bigger cases.

I also have another problem. I would like to get a new video card for my computer and I am not sure how to decide what to get. I think I need to know the power on my power supply to determine what kind I should get so can you guys help me in this dilema.

Thanks.

The PSU that came with that could be an issue as it's only 250W. The good news is it looks like your PSU is ATX, this means you're not going to have to purchase Dells PSUs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.