Hi, yesterday I accidently knocked over my CPU when it was on the ground, i accidently kicked it a little and it tilped over, but then it started making alot of beepig noises and the moniter turned black, and now I cant get it to turn back on, it keeps making beeping noises and the moniter stays black, can anyone help PLEASE? Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Please help me ASAP

sounds like you need to stay calm at your pc

okay im assuming you mean cpu as "the actual pc system" you may have tipped something while you were knocking it over

open the case and check there are no loose components or parts that are not attached

please tell us what type of beeping you get (eg #-###-##-)

good luck :)

Sounds to me like you knocked out your ram, nothing to get worried about, just make sure it is in securely.

i would have to agree with moderate_rock48

In all probability, a dislodged RAM module

Hi, yesterday I accidently knocked over my CPU when it was on the ground, i accidently kicked it a little and it tilped over, but then it started making alot of beepig noises and the moniter turned black, and now I cant get it to turn back on, it keeps making beeping noises and the moniter stays black, can anyone help PLEASE? Thank you

Re-plug your memord modules(RAM). This should resolve the problem. Thabo Ntsebe(SA)

Sounds like you've got the same problem as me. As all these other people have said it could be dismounted RAM but if you're getting no screen and bleeps it sounds like a graphics card problem. So I suggest taking out your graphics card and putting it back in. It's probably become dismounted in you knocking it. I'm gonna go try to fix mine in a sec, curse spinny chairs when you're arm is out!

Good luck to you and ME

beeping means either ram or vga card problem. unless you have a brand name workstation, where everything is much more complex, and simple at the same time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.