my mouse often won't start at boot, and takes multiple reboots to start it off, and when the cpu usage is over 50% it starts acting erratically, sometimes it would die if the cpu usage is too high, I've tried norton antivirus and regcure to fix it, I tried turning off some programs that at startup from msconfig, I tried defragmenting the hard drive, I tried downloading the microsoft mouse driver and I even deleted my old user name, but none of that worked. It started happening after I changed the power supply to smartpower 2.0 (the old one blown out), it's a microsoft comfort optical 3000 mouse(I also tried connecting other mouses to the port, the result is the same), I have xp professional(no update), I put the computer up myself a few years ago(so don't ask what brand it is), plz tell me if u have any idea what has gone wrong to my computer.
any help would be greatly appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

My only guess would be to try a different usb spot, unless it's ps/2, in which case I have no idea.

My only guess would be to try a different usb spot, unless it's ps/2, in which case I have no idea.

thx I"ll see if that works

wow I can't believe it actually worked
who'd ever thought I just had to use a different usb spot
I spent like 100 buck trying to fix this
thx alot man!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.