Ok, so i'm an idiot and didn't remember to pay attention what plugs i undid and where the cables were supposed to go when reinstalling it:confused: . We bought the ATX 300 watt power supply and it came with extra plugs that weren't here before so now i'm at a loss. All the installation instructions on the web say just replug what you originally did, well since i don't remember i'm kinda stuck. I have a emachine if that will help anyone help me out. If anymore info is needed please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

well some you may not need if it is a P4 power supply and your motherboard isn't the 4 pin connector you won't.the 20/24 pin is pretty obvious the rest is for power to your HDD and CD/DVD drives they will only go in one way as do the others.

Hers you go this has pictures.LOL

http://compreviews.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/DIYPSU_5.htm

now the 20 pin they are showing there is a small 4 pin if your motherboard has it connect it to it is for P4 boards.

hope this helps shout if you need further assistance.

Anything that is attached to the motherboard by a flat (IDE ribbon) calbe will need to be connected to a four pin (molex) connector, there are two rounded corners so it will only plug in one way. The floppy disk drive takes a mini connector which is keyed so that it will on connect one way.

To be sure, you need to connect a 20/24 Pin power connector to the corresponding port on the mobo. Also, you have a separate 4 pin connector with 2 Yellow and 2 black wires. This goes into a 4 pin connector near the CPU. The rest of the connectors are for the HDD, ODD and FDDs, and as mentioned before are keyed in so you can plug them in one way only

To be sure, you need to connect a 20/24 Pin power connector to the corresponding port on the mobo. Also, you have a separate 4 pin connector with 2 Yellow and 2 black wires. This goes into a 4 pin connector near the CPU. The rest of the connectors are for the HDD, ODD and FDDs, and as mentioned before are keyed in so you can plug them in one way only

You neglected to mention the red five volt wire. The last post on this was a week ago, just catching up?:lol:

I dont think this is going to work.

Computer gets power, I see light moving, but it doesnt boot up.

maybe you forgot to plug in the HDD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.