KripTed 0 Newbie Poster

Alright, my friend brang over his PC cause i mess around with mine and he thought i could maybe upgrade his PC, i dont know much about his PC, but so i upgraded it with some of my old parts, he had a 40GB hard drive, so i put in my 80GB Hard drive, he had a Nvidia graphics card, im not sure which one, it didnt say on the card. so i put it in my Geforce MX 100/200 series (because they look like brother and sister), and he also wanted a burner put in. now, we finished putting that in there, everything fitted perfectly, i put the cables/cords/connectors in the right place. we start up the PC it starts up fine, it reads everything, the HD, the CD rom, the burner, and the PS starts up, it spins and it all seems to be ok, the LED light is on as well. this PC is a IBM. but after it reads everything, it doesnt read the Monitor, now i know this monitor works because it works on my PC, i also have another monitor, i have tried it and doesnt work on his either (but this monitor works for my other PC). then i started varying out the problem, i thought maybe the products ive put in there could be to powerful for his PS maybe, so i put it back the way it was when he brang it to me, and the monitor screen is still black. now when i connect the monitor to the card in the back, i hear it make a noise when u plug it in. so im not 2 sure what it could be.

i have different video cards, i have tried all of them, even PCI, still no image. the only thing left i can think of is the mobo could be dead or the PS is not giving it enuff juice maybe??!?! lol. i know today im going to vary out the posibilities of what it could be. im gonna start it with just the PS and the PCU and see what happens. also, there is no start up beep at all, and no beep at all when this PC is being started up, or error codes, it just starts and it sits there. i can leave it running for 20 minutes, but i got no image on the monitor. ive searched on the internet for this problem, but not much help came up.

i also can open the CD Drive and close it, so im starting to get confused lol. does anyone have any ideas? if so, please let me know, id gladly appreciate it.