I have a Compaq Presario 6000. A friend messed up my computer and then reinstalled windows xp. Now my computer will not detect the 2nd cd drive (cdr/rw) and my hard drive which was 40 GB now only shows 1.99 GB. Reinstallation is not an option because I don’t have and can’t get a copy of windows xp. Can some one help? ( please note: I am not interested in anyone’s pirate copies of windows, I just want to fix the problem.)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Don't you have the Compaq Presario 6000 recovery set? If not, buy it from www.hp.com It is about $27 including Fed Ex shipping. Takes about three - four days.

Don't you have the Compaq Presario 6000 recovery set? If not, buy it from www.hp.com It is about $27 including Fed Ex shipping. Takes about three - four days.

Did you finish all the updates for windows? Also are you sure it's XP you are running the drive size was a limit in earlier versions of windowsl.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.