Bonesaw 0 Newbie Poster

Ok so I have been happily computing for about 3 months. Then, yesterday, for no reason, my internet died. I unplugged my adapter (Netgear WG111T USB) and plugged it back in. XP said "Device not recognized" and installed drivers for "unknown" device. Since then I have not been able to get internet, and for some reason my device manager refreshes every 1 second, thats really annoying.

Thing is, when I first got this motherboard, this happened too. For some reason one day it started working and its been fine up till yesterday. I bought a PCI USB card off of eBay, will this get rid of the problem? All of my other USB devices work fine, just not my Netgear wireless adapter. It won't work in any USB port on the mobo (which is all I have right now).

I uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers for the adapter, but that didn't help. I think it has something to do with my motherboard not liking my adapter, the adapter worked fine on my Asus mobo before it died, and now it appears that my MSI one doesn't like it at all.

Also, before this happened, I was getting BSOD when I was downloading large files, and it always said that WG111T.sys was the problem (the adapter). I don't know if there's a connection there but I'm really stumped! Please help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.