Hi everyone!

I have a BenQ 5000BL Scanner. I lost the CD that came with it.
Now I can't install it on Windows XP Professional SP2
I used other models that were recognized and installed automatically the same operating system (without the need to install a driver)

Anyway, I searched the web, BenQ website, and everywhere else to findout that I'll only get a program called MiraScan claiming to have the WHQL driver inside, but it didn't work.

I even contacted BenQ technical support and thy sent me the same file
which is: scanner-drivers-5000b-scanner_sw_5000b_20060425_183327.zip
You unzip it to get: MiraScan 6.2.5000.01 folder.

I'm beginning to suspect the scanner itself. Could it be damaged?

By the way, the scanner is recognized as "FlatbedScanner 50" when you attach it to the computer. Look at the attachment.
It's nothing strange because I remember using Asus S2W 3300U and it was recognized s "FlatbedScanner 23", with an exception that Asus worked without the need to a driver!

I hope you'd help me.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi from the thumbnail you uploaded it seems to be a driver problem only, what happened if you just click next, does your system confirm that the driver was installed successfully or not.. open paint brush and click on File, if the option From Scanner or Camera is enabled then your scanner is working fine...

hi from the thumbnail you uploaded it seems to be a driver problem only, what happened if you just click next, does your system confirm that the driver was installed successfully or not.. open paint brush and click on File, if the option From Scanner or Camera is enabled then your scanner is working fine...

If I click next, the system tries to search for drivers, it fails afterwards.
I even let it try to find them on the Internet. No results.

I don't know what to do with this funny but yet disturbing situation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.