Hi all, I'm seriously thinking of building a new rig and would like to start buy purchasing a good motherboard. I want an Intel core 2 duo, so the motherboard must obviously be compatible for it. The only thing I don't need on it is a viedo card since I will definitly get a geforce nvidia one. so can someone recommend some motherboards that willl work for me? I will be installing 2 gigs of RAM (2x1GB) ddr2 800mhtz.
I'm willing to spend up to $175 on a MOBO although I would prefer to spend about $120
I looked on newegg.com and it's hard to figure it out.
Thanx for your much appreciated help.
-Jake

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Which core 2 duo are you going to use.

What are you going to use this computer for?

What seems to be the problem figuring out the motherboards at newegg?

You also might want to take a look at the motherboard CPU kits a Tiger Direct.

I want a very fast computer. Im not really a gamer but once in a while I will play games and therefore I want a fast computer. I will be getting Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003
Its about $300. I therefore wanna get a motherboard that will work with it.
If you can help me figure out what specs to look for when buying a motherboard that will perform well, I will appreciate it.

Did you check out the motherboard CPU combos offered at Tiger Direct?????

So how should I figure out what motherboard to get?

I personally make most of my purchases from newegg, but in this case I like the motherboard selections at tiger direct better.

I can't make your decision for you, you will have to decide what you need, how many PCI and PCI-E slots are you going to need, how many SATA connections and will you want SATA2 connections. Do you want to be able to go SLI, do you want to run dual CPUs, and the list goes on. You need to define what you want to build.

i only want to install one CPU and I dont need SLI, one graphics card will do it for me. and SATA2 is a must.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.