Hello all. Trying to change my laptop LCD and encountered an issue. I had a cracked screen and removed it and got the part number/manufacturer etc. Instead of just ordering an exact replacement, I "being cheap" went on a website that advertised a Toshiba Satellite 1100 monitor new for only 125 bucks. It mentioned it was compatible with my Satellite 1200 so I ordered it. Turns out, the video connector is of a different size. Is there anyway of getting another video connect and exchanging it out? If so, wonder if the LCD would then work.

Any thoughts?

Hello all. Trying to change my laptop LCD and encountered an issue. I had a cracked screen and removed it and got the part number/manufacturer etc. Instead of just ordering an exact replacement, I "being cheap" went on a website that advertised a Toshiba Satellite 1100 monitor new for only 125 bucks. It mentioned it was compatible with my Satellite 1200 so I ordered it. Turns out, the video connector is of a different size. Is there anyway of getting another video connect and exchanging it out? If so, wonder if the LCD would then work.

Any thoughts?

If the site said the 1100 was the same as the 1200 then they should take back what they misadvertised. And get the correct one from them or get your money back (typically less shipping)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.