I got a

pentium D 820+ 800fsb2mb l2 cache socket 775.

Board Asrock Conroe945G-DVI / m/asr

Ram Kingston 2 x 512 mb pc2 5300 cl5 240pin
kvr667d2n5k2/1g

seagate 40g drive

samsung dvdburner

only onboard graphics

only power button connected

350watt powersupply

Problem:

Powersupply is starting....cpufan is starting...
No drives start up or get power?

monitor does not start up?

Help could it be the board? the ram? ( will try with one module in different slots) the powersupply?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well if you have a Multimeter....test the power coming from the supply. If not, try putting that power supply in another PC and see if it will work there ;-)

Open the computer up and check all the connections. It would probably be a good idea to run through this checklist.

-PSU connected to motherboard in 2 places, (The main power and the other 4 pin which often has yellow and black cables that usually goes in next to the CPU) and both connections are firmly in place.
-PSU is firmly connected to CD/s drive with the standard connection.
-PSU is connected to hard disk with the standard connection

I have no multimeter :-( motherboard is connected as should to powersupply.

Disconnected drives from motherboard and they started up, so it is the motherboard blocking the power to the drives?

one ram block at a time i different sockets tried...to check if one of the ramblocks where defect.

Stille nothing....monitor does not react to computer at all?

Defect motherboard or cpu ?

Not the first time I have bad experience with asrock motherboards....think it's the board?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.