I have this laptop that keeps on frustrating me.

Its DvDRom/Writer sometimes(actually most of the times) does not read cds and dvds. I have checked the hardware device manager to see if it has a problem but it seems ok.

I have even ran the troubleshooting wiz but have not been successfull either.

:?: Please, somebody, help.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Give name and model and specs on laptop.

Also go to device manager ata/atapi controllers and make sure the controllers are set to DMA.

Give name and model and specs on laptop.

Also go to device manager ata/atapi controllers and make sure the controllers are set to DMA.

Thanks.

The ATA/ATI controllers are all set to DMA.

The Laptop is a Toshiba Model No. PSMA0E-0300DAR

T2300/512/60G54/14WBT/DS2/L/M/W

I hope this is ok.

Thanks

Is this a satelllite or which brand.

I am thinking what you may need to do is get a BIOS update for the laptop if there is one and a firmware update for the CD/DVD writer.you can go to toshibas web site and get them.you machine recognizes the drive right?

I am thinking what you may need to do is get a BIOS update for the laptop if there is one and a firmware update for the CD/DVD writer.you can go to toshibas web site and get them.you machine recognizes the drive right?

Yeah, The laptop recognizes the DvD Rom and it only reads DVDs and not CDs. There are times when it cannot even access the DVDs too.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.