hi there

i have a problem with my pc
every time i try run a hi end spec game that my pc is more than capable of running it will just freeze and the monitor will shut off
but my pc's still running but starts making beeping noises.
i dunno if this could be due to my fan not cooling my graphics card (ati raedon x1600) so if anyone could help that would be great

cheers
chris

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Care to let us know just what the rest of the system specs are?

Care to let us know just what the rest of the system specs are?

hey the specs r intel pentium 4 3.01ghz, 1gb ram, 320gb harddrive

anything else u wanna no

cheers
chris

It would have helped to know the make and model of your computer if it is a retail product, and if it is a home brew specifically what the PSU is.

The manufacturer of that graphics card recommends a minimum of a 420W PSU. If your PSU is insufficient it could cause this type of problem.

When was the last time you cleaned out the dust within the fans etc of the case? Dust is a big problem in over heating and I had the same problem. Cleaning it also made my computer a lot quieter but be carefull not to damage anything when you are cleaning. I used an air duster from the can.

hey um the psu might be the problem / or dust

um how would i go about checking my psu seeing wot speed etc it is

cheers
chris

I'll say this one last time, we need to know the make and model of you computer in order to find out what PSU came with it. Or you can google it and find out what it is, or you can open the case and see what the make and model of the PSU is and then google that.

The information that you want to know is what the wattage is, it will read something like 300W (Watts), 450W... It would also be helpful to know what the maximum amperage of 12V rail is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.