I want to build a good Athlon 3800+ Duo core system and was looking for find a good motherboard for it. Price isn't a huge issue, the $150-$300 range is about what I'm looking for. Any good advice? SLI mode isn't a huge issue and haven't decided if I'm gonna go with it or not.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ed

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

definetly stick with asus
if you want a specific model then pm me back or something

After looking into Asus a bit, I picked up the Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, and went with the 4200+ Althlon 64x2.

Thanks!

I want to build a good Athlon 3800+ Duo core system and was looking for find a good motherboard for it. Price isn't a huge issue, the $150-$300 range is about what I'm looking for. Any good advice? SLI mode isn't a huge issue and haven't decided if I'm gonna go with it or not.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ed

Just want to know u that http://www.arbico.co.uk offers the best quality Athlon 3800+ Duo core system at much more discounted Prices. U could get more than high quality systems and components ... Hope u will be satisfied to deal with them.

-- Marking thread as solved --

I use a Foxconn C51XEM2AA and I can clock the 3800 up to speeds of 3GHz no problem, just make sure you have the cooling solution you need, otherwise you'll end up frying the cpu before you even get it started. I use a Thermaltake Big Typhoon in a Full ATX case (That cooler is HUGE). I have been using this mobo since august of last year without a hitch, give it a look.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.