I like a few others are the mortal (very mortal while playing games) who have bought agp slotted motherboards without pci 16x slots.
roaming servers like a lonely puppet of miserable sorrow i wonder if i had a XFX 7300GT with a pci slot how much better would it be than my poor Agp XFX 7300GT alot? not much? double?.

newho someone should start a agp only company for people like me who only want to spend money on video cards and not motherboard.

Would a device along the lines of this work? " PCI VIDEO CARD>>>>converter thing with a pci socket on top and agp slot on the bottow >>>>>agp slot

*>>>>>=goes into

it may decrease performance but if you could get it for a resonable price i think they would work xD

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you want the performance then you are going to have to buy the technology.

Here's the long and short of it, it all boils down to the bus speed which is expressed in Band Width.

AGP 8X is 2,100 MB/s

PCI is 132 MB/s

PCI E X16 is 4000 MB/s

In order to get that PCI E X16 speed you are going to have to buy the motherboard that supports it.

the truth

hmm that would mean buying a new video card(pci express video card) and a motherboard, unfortunatly im broke looks like im going to be doomed to carry the curse of the dodgy agp

*tumble weed slowly rolls past*

If you want the performance then you are going to have to buy the technology.

Here's the long and short of it, it all boils down to the bus speed which is expressed in Band Width.

AGP 8X is 2,100 MB/s

PCI is 132 MB/s

PCI E X16 is 4000 MB/s

In order to get that PCI E X16 speed you are going to have to buy the motherboard that supports it.

so you are saying im gonna get 2 times the performance (fps and graphics quality) with a pci express card?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.