i tried to install a new hard drive it to my old computer because 40gb wasnt enough so i put a 20 gb hard drive in as well put it all back together and now when i try and boot it the moniter stays black. so i took out the new hard drive put everything back how it was and now all it does when i tern it on i comes up with one long beep that doesnt go off untill i unplug it

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Reopen the case and make sure all of your connections are good. Check all of you cards, IDE cables, PSU connections...

How did you connect the second hdd, master and slave?

Was the 20GB hdd wiped or reformatted before you installed it?

no was going to format it when it booted
the 20 gb one was in as slave

hi check your memory card, try to remove it and clean the gold finger before putting it back, check all the data cables if there is no loss connection..

ok i will try it

i have tried cleening the memery all the cables are in right

it still doesnt work i think it must be the memery cause i get one beep when i atemt booting on it i fould the one beep meens mem problem so i dunno what is going on with it

it still doesnt work i think it must be the memery cause i get one beep when i atemt booting on it i fould the one beep meens mem problem so i dunno what is going on with it

5 mnts between post ,
took awhile for the beep to come did it .!!LOL

Try replacing the ram with new ram .

thanks i will try as soon as i get some more cause it seens hard to find any

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.