Intel D955XBK MOBO with Crossfire
Seagate 500gb SATA 14 mb
Maxtor 40 gb hd
550w dual fan power supply
Kingston KVR667D2N5 1 gb x8
Masscool CPU fan with copper pipes
Samsung Litescribe DVD_RW
nVidia GeForce 6600LE 512 mb

I have 1 stick of ram plugged in, the 20 pin power cord, the 2+2 powercord that goes with the 20 pin, and a seperate 2+2 cord that plugs in next to the processor. I also have the CPU and GPU in the MoBO. BUT...No post. The fans all work, the mobo is OUT OF THE CASE on an anti-static surface. Also, when i take out the ram or take off the GPU, i get no beeps. The board has a built in speaker on the board. But i get nothing. Even if i take out the memory. I got the boards from www.geeks.com and it seems like there is No BIOS whatsoever. Almost like i either have to burn bios onto the board, or its a bad board. The thing is, this would be boards 3 and 4 of this specific intel type that hasent worked for me. Any ideas as to the location of the problem? Thanks in advance.

JOn

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jonny5

i have the same exact problem except i am using a 940 Pentium d processor. when i hit power all i get is a fans running and i know the hard drives are spinning, but i don't get any display from the video card, its like it doesn't know its there, granted yes it is a very old video card, does that make a difference is fits onto the board? Did you find a fix, if so what was it?
Thanks in advance!

o yeah i was looking at supported possessors to check myself and i don't believe that your processor is supported.

I was told by imfamous geeks.com that it was supported.. I questioned it myself, but unfortunatlly i trusted them. Even if the CPU wasent supported, i should get some sort of warning beeps... I thought that it could have been a board where you have to flash BIOS yourself..IE Builder board... I purchased two Asus 60 dollar boards and they work great. the PCs are up and running, looking real nice in their translucent cases

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.