I am running a 80gig IDE HDD and I want to add a 360gig Sata drive. I want to either get them to work together, because I have my 80gig set up with windows just the way I want it. or find some way to mirror my 80gig over to the 360gig Sata drive and take the 80gig IDE out.

im to facing exactly the same problem. I have a 80 GB IDE and installed a 320 GB SATA. Drives are dectected in BIOS. and when win xp is booted from the IDE, i get an icon in the taskbar that says "safely remove storage device". In storage->memory management, the drive is uninitialized. when i try to initialize it, i get an error and windows asks me to check event manager logs. And in event manager logs i get a "CRC error" and "I/O request timed out errors". Can anyone help me with fixing it?

PS : animegonah, were u able to fix ur problem? it would be great help if you could share the solution with me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.