hey i have a question im using 1gig ddr2 533 and i want to ugrade it
to 1gig DDR2 667 is it alrite i use DDR2 533 and 667 in the same motherboard

my motherboard spec

INTEL 945P EXPRESS CHIP

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Depends.

Does your motherboard support 667?

Also there is no point mixing the two as the motherboard will always run at the speed of the slowest stick (533)

yeah my motherboard does support 667

There is still no point putting in 667 if the rest is 533. All the sticks run at the speed of the slowest one.

e.g if you had 3 sticks of 667 and 1 stick of 533 your machine would run at 533

oh i get it now thanks you very much for the info

i got a question i jst bought a new ram kingston 1gig ddr2 533 i just want to no that is it alrite i use my old one samsung 1gig ddr2 533...is it alrite i use both ram at the same time or dual it

In order to use dual channel both modules must have the exact same specs. Most people will purchase "dual channel kits" as they are matched pairs and are generally less expensive than purchasing the modules separately.

is dual channel more better then using one kit

From the way that you phrased your question I'm not sure what you are really asking.

First off a "kit" is two modules of the same make and model that the manufacturer has bundled, these assure the buyer that they will work in dual channel which requires two modules with the exact same specs.

If you are asking if dual channel is better than running single modules, yes.

Just curious here, did you skip school on those days when grammar was taught, or are you studying English as a second language?

Dual channell is fast but they modules need to be the same for you to get dual channel. if they arent the same specs you wont get dual channel performance.

e.g

if you have a mix of 678 and 533 you dont get dual channel

i think his english is ok dcc leave him alone

dont mean at illititerate humanses

im sorry there i dont realy no much about computers and yes i didnt go school much back then so sorry for my english

im sorry there i dont realy no much about computers and yes i didnt go school much back then so sorry for my english

I should have added a laughing face with that, I was only poking in fun.

jbennet...do you ever proof read your posts????

Qwazil...What in blue blazes does "dont mean at illititerate humanses" mean?

yes lol i always go back and click edit about 8 times

i got another problem with my computer i keeps on getting the BSOD i thought its the ram faulty so i bought a new one but same things still happen so any ideas what wrong with it

this is the error i get
STOP :0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x80503EE4,0xF79F6748,0xF79F6444)

M$ lists these possible causes.

• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished, the computer may not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows.
• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows.
• Incompatible video adapter drivers.
• Damaged RAM.
• A damaged device driver or system service.
• If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be caused by a third-party remote control program.

Check to see how much free space you have on you hdd.

Download Memtest86 and run it for several hours.

hmmmm 60gig space left...no i dont think its the ram because i just bought a new one...cant be the video adapter because without it stil happen..and i did the mem test before everything is fine..how can i find out damage device driver or system service

is there anyway i can find out what is wrong or which device is causing it

Have you tried doing a last good configuration or a system restore?

well im using a new hdd so just formatted recently...yes i tried it before

hey dcc i have a question..i want to use dual channel so what do i do..i just bought KINGSTON 1GIG DDR2 533 so what do i need so i can use dual..should i get another ram excatly the same or i trade in and get a twin kit

buy exactly the same ram and bung it in the othe slot.

hey dcc i have a question..i want to use dual channel so what do i do..i just bought KINGSTON 1GIG DDR2 533 so what do i need so i can use dual..should i get another ram excatly the same or i trade in and get a twin kit

If the seller will allow you to return the module you can usually get a better deal purchasing a "dual channel kit", if not just purchase another of the same modules...it they are suggested by the manufacturer for your motherboard.

hmmm so i have to get the one that suit with my motherboard..im using GIGABYTE GA-8I945P PRO is the ram im using right now is it right with the motherboard

to check if it is right use a wizard like the one at Crucial Memory

how do i do that please explaine???

Go to Crucial and use their configurator, you will need to enter your make and model of you computer.

Most all major manufacturers will have a similar means of determining the compatibility of their modules to you machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.