Hello,
I have a problem everytime I try to exit from the bios.I save the new settings and exit but then it doesn't restart again.It doesn't respond at all(not even the restart button),so I shut it down from the button in the back,the power supply.
I have already updated them,but the problem remains.
Is the motherboard to blame?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, please read my post here for posting, and also you might want to note what things you are attempting to change in the BIOS

After you turn off the computer will it boot normally afterwards?

Ok then,I'll try to be more precise.My PCs' data are:
Mainboard:ASUS P5LD2 intel
Chipset:Intel Pentium 4 650 Prescott 3.4Ghz
Memory:Transcend 2x512MB Dual Channel DDR2
Harddrives:80+120GB WD 7200rpm

I entered the BIOS in order to make it boot from the CD drive.I saved the configurations and I exit.Then the screen remained black with no messages.But when I turned it on again it boot normally from the Cd,so the configurations have been saved.

I don't know if it helps but my BIOS data are:
Brand:American Megatrends Inc.
Version:0901

Thanks for your time...

Let's see if I've got this straight. You went into the BIOS and made you CD-ROM the first device in the boot order, saved the settings (F10), confirmed this by pressing Y, and hit enter to exit...right? And it didn't boot up from there? Or did you miss a step there?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.