Hey, I'm new to the forum here and I have read other people's post about no signals on their monitors however none of the solutions posted actually worked for me. I suppose there must be some explanation to why I'm receiving no signal on my monitor; my computer specs are:

Intel E2160 Socket 775 Pentium Dual Core 2x1.8Ghz 800FSB
Antec Sonata III Piano Quiet Mid Tower Case With 500W EarthWatts PSU
OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC
ABIT IB9 iP965 Socket 775 DDR2 PCI-E 7.1 channel audio ATX
Pioneer DVR-112DBK 18x DVD±RW Dual Layer Internal IDE
BFG 8800 GTS OC 320MB DDR3 DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache

Several people have suggested to make sure my BIOS is set to boot my PCI first rather than the integrated card. However considering I cannot access the BIOS since my monitor has no signal, I can't exactly check that =x . I believe that my BIOS could be set to the integrated card because since I have no integrated card, no putput would be displayed then =/ The rest of my computer works fine, I see all the lights, all the fans move etc but I just cannot seem to get the monitor working. I have checked that my montor does indeed work on my other computer. Anyone know any solutions for my problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

seen a guy pulling his hair out last 2 weeks becaouse of no display on new computer he was building ,he even sent new motherboard back to ASus ,he was using a DVI to VGA converter from computer to the vga lcd monitor ,when i told him to try it with out the adapter and on a lcd monitor with DVI ,it worked ,what type of monitor connection are you using .

try taking out the pci graphics card and using the onboard grapics cards and see if that works, if so it might be a problem with the grpahics card ie you might need to install the driver before you plug in the graphics card or you may neeed to fiddle a bios settings!

Hello Mikey,

I am in the same position here in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

In my case, the lights come on, fans spin up on everything but there is no post signal beep - are you getting any beep at all?

If it isn't beeping, it isn't posting and that is generally motherboard, cpu or psu related.

You can disconnect all drives and still get the post routines running.

If you are getting beeps, then your manual should give a legend explanation on what the beep sequence represents.

In my case I have had a faulty psu ruining a motherboard. I replaced the motherboard and it all powers up bur nowt else.

Currently I'm on the elimination trail of cpu, motherboard(even though it is new), RAM or PSU (again a new psu).

At these moments I feel like packing in the whole build game altogether and cop out and spend the shekels. Then I calm down and get on the trail again.

Rog Snee

the only real way to solve the problem in your case rog is to swap out the components to another comp to check them and see if there working obviouly you cant do that with the motherboard or cpu but nearly all other components you can. Cos if it was a power supply problem it could have damaged one or more of the other components.

Hello Mikey,

I am in the same position here in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

In my case, the lights come on, fans spin up on everything but there is no post signal beep - are you getting any beep at all?

If it isn't beeping, it isn't posting and that is generally motherboard, cpu or psu related.

You can disconnect all drives and still get the post routines running.

If you are getting beeps, then your manual should give a legend explanation on what the beep sequence represents.

In my case I have had a faulty psu ruining a motherboard. I replaced the motherboard and it all powers up bur nowt else.

Currently I'm on the elimination trail of cpu, motherboard(even though it is new), RAM or PSU (again a new psu).

At these moments I feel like packing in the whole build game altogether and cop out and spend the shekels. Then I calm down and get on the trail again.

Rog Snee

see what happens when you piggy back you problem in someone else's post ,people start helping you and it gets confusing for us old guys ,please post you own thread ,and people just post help for original poster here .

Apologies people - didn't mean to muck up the protocol.

rog snee

Apologies people - didn't mean to muck up the protocol.

rog snee

thanks ,just gets confusing for this old guy !!lol

You keep saying old guy - I'm 60 - how old are you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.