Howdy Im working on a Dell laptop 1150
It dosnt start up, does not beep or load the bios heck the screen dosnt even turn on it does charge and the only light that comes on it the green power light in the front.
The CD drive starts up along with the heatsink fan....
The HD does NOT start and the lights about the keyboard (Cap Scroll ect) do not flash like they normally did. It has been droped but not recently(or so that is what im told) I took it apart and looked at the MB for breaks and chips and broken leads but didnt find anything. I only repair stuff for a hobby and this one is a little out of my league and help would be great. Thanks
Billy

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

T he LEDs not showing on the keyboard is indicative of a failure in the POST. With it having been dropped and a POST problem I would look to the hdd as being the problem.

Even with the HDD removed it still does not make it to the bios loading screen

Then there is nothing showing of the monitor?

Nope Neither the HDD or the monitor turn on, if i remove the Hdd they monitor still does not turn on

It sounds like the hdd may have been damaged when it was dropped. If you have access to another computer try installing your hdd as a slave in it and see if it still works. Do not install it in another computer as the master, if the motherboard has a different chip set you could damage the OS on your hdd.

ok ill give it a shot and then update
Thanks for the info

nope till nothing my wife has the same dell(waste of money) differnt hdd mfg though but yea still didnt work any other suggestions?
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.