Hi,
I recently changed mb. I used my old 300w power supply. after a few days I added another 512mb ddr 333. then a friend gave me an 3.20 HT P4 to replace my 2.80 celeron .Then the problems started.when I try to install a game (fear in this case) or software my pc resets on its own.I replaced the p4 with the celeron,same.I re-insralled windows,same .I used an 500watt power supply,same.And after every reboot I received the same message.(look the attached screenshot)

500w power supply
P4 ht 3.20 or celeron 2.80
2 different 512 mb ddr333 modules
nvidia6800
tv tuner
pstn modem
windows XP Prof sp2

Attachments error.JPG 43.07 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Supernatural

Aren't you supposed to clock the new CPU at the proper speed? Have you got jumpers on the mobo to do that?

And is all in order with the FSB speed?

I wouldn't have done what you've done without first being sure that this mobo wasn't the "economy" version wired for a Celeron processor (I've no idea whether or not this is the case) - but usually mobo and CPU are somewhat integrated to support each other.

This could also be a memory problem. RAM can be damaged very easily and can make the system restart when under load

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.