Question #1 : My ibm X24 screen went black and has not worked since. I have not tinkered with anything to cause it to go black. The laptop powers on and stays on but has no picture. What can I do to fix it? (if fixable) I have win xp home installed. I thought maybe my hard drive crashed, but it didn't, because I purchased another one and that didn't help restore it.

Question #2: My Desktop powers on but I can not get it to work on any monitor. I tried different monitors and all I get is a gray screen. What could be the problem? This happened after I replaced my harddrive. I even put my old one back in and it still doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/solutions.

You might need to take a look at your video card, it may need to be replaced.

Thank you very much dk. I was wondering about that too.

No problem I have seen problems like this before sometimes all it takes is to remove it undust it and pop it back in. If that doesnt work you could get a new one and that should do the trick, if not it may be your motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.