i was on my computer last week and all of a sudden i get this box counting down to zero before my computer shut down. when i tried to turn it back on it stopped at the booting up screen and displayed a message that said "error loading operating system" after that happened i put in my system restore cd's but they didn't work either.can anybody help me???????

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

i have a sony vaio with windows xp.
gotta go will be back tomorrow.
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i was on my computer last week and all of a sudden i get this box counting down to zero before my computer shut down.

What you are describing is the effects of the MS Blaster/LoveSan or Nachi worms. There are a variety of removal info and tools available.

can you give me a link please!!!!!!

the thing is i can't go to my desktop to boot up the cd. it just stops at the booting up screen where the black screen with all the white letters are and displays the message "error loading operating system". is there any combination of keyboard keys i can press so it can take me to the factory settings?or am i screwed?

Hitting the f8 key on boot up and start in safe mode ,and disable the system restore (do this by rifht clicking mycomputer /properties /system restore ,uncheck the box ),and remove reference to ms blaster from startup .get there by typing in Start/ RUN /msconfig /startup and fing and un check ms blaster 32.exe or something like that i just forget the actuall name it is given .you may be able to axcess you cdrom in safe mode to run the removal tool ,if not just reboot in normal mode ,after you remove it and install the ms patch you can reactivate you system restore .

i will do that as soon as i get home.
thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.