Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I put my part of my one computer into a new case so I could make room for a new computer but I have a little problem now. All I did was to take all my parts out of my one case which I will be putting new parts in and put them into my new case and in my device manager now I have an exclamation mark in other devices and it says pci device. I did not put any new parts in I just had to take them out to move the mobod etc. The only thing I have in a pci slot is an audigy 2 zs gamer which has not caused me any problems before. It works great and everything seems to be fine. I have xp pro with an amd 4400+ along with and ati 2600xt.
Anyone seen this before?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

if you put the sound card into a different pci slot than it was in before the move you would get this ,but then again if you did do this your sound would not work .does you sound drive show in device manager ,if no then you need to reinstall the audigty drivers

There are two things in the sound controllers for creative. One is the game port the other is the WDM.

There are two things in the sound controllers for creative. One is the game port the other is the WDM.

ok ,i have audigy card and have 9 things in sound devices ,so doest the sound on the computer WORK,
other devices and it says pci device= usually is a motherboard device driver missing ,did you by any chance have on board device like sound or video disabled in the bios ,and maybe you reset the bios to defaults for one reason or another when you made the move .

That's what I thought about the onboard device also. I checked but it is still disabled.

I have 8 things in the sound controllers section but only 2 that say creative. You have 9 that say creative???

That's what I thought about the onboard device also. I checked but it is still disabled.

I have 8 things in the sound controllers section but only 2 that say creative. You have 9 that say creative???

no just the 2 ,so answer me this please i'v asked it 2 time all ready with no answer ,does the sound work on you computer .thanks

I guess I should have been more clear in my opening. I said it all works great and everything seems to work fine. It runs like usual. That is why it is so weird.

yes you are right you did say that ,sorry ,its been my experience that if you re-install the motherboard driver it will get rid of the missing other device ,why it happened i have no answer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.