Hi,
I clicked on my printer program and this warning virus message came on. Said I have this virus...
JS:Flooder-NewsAgent-3
My antivirus wouldn't delete it or repair it. Anyone know what this is and how I can fix this problem? Where did it come from? I run win98se and have dsl, 2 antiviruses and a router, hard wired.
Thanks in advance..Cheryl :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Go here to TrendMicro for an on-line scan & set it to autoclean for you.

Try this scan at Panda as well.

Most of this I have already done, but I am printing it out as a guide to go through point by point. I do have adwarese and the other software you recommended but lately all these trojans and viruses have slipped throu all my protections. Everyone I know is having the same problems. I emailed the manufacturer of my router for any firmware updates too since it has a built in firewall.
It is really getting near impossible for us to keep out systems safe and secure any more.
Thks so much for your help...but I do not know what the last sentence you wrote means...Would you please explain that to me?
thks so much!
cheryl

Thks so much for your help...but I do not know what the last sentence you wrote means...Would you please explain that to me?
thks so much!
cheryl

Do you mean this line? "Try this scan at Panda as well." If you click on the underlined word this, it will take you to Panda's site for a free online virus scan. Or you can click here instead:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

To help keep the bad stuff out, install SpywareBlaster (link in crunchie's signature). Keep it updated too! (For a little info on it, you can see this thread: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread11373.html)

It is really getting near impossible for us to keep out systems safe and secure any more.

With DSL, you should also have a hardware firewall and a software firewall.

Please do not PM HJT logs.

Did you mean the above line? That is part of my signature & appears in all my replies :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.