Ok yesterday norton told me I had trojan.nebular or something and I couldn't install or use the recovery console cus when i would boot up with the windows disc and press R it would reboot my pc so I just deleted all winrk32's registry entries and it's .dll (and yes I DID backup my registry). Then I wanted to uninstall norton systemworks 2002 (yes I know, i'm a moron for using norton, thank you) and install norton systemworks 2005. I did that and it worked fine then, I uninstalled norton personal firewall and installed norton internet security 2005 but it wouldn't let me activate because it said my activation key might have been stolen, so I reinstalled personal firewall. Now here's where the problems started. I tried to make a dedicated server in counter strike source and whenever I tried to connect to it, it would crash and tell me "Engine Error" - something like that- So I tried to reinstall my ATi catalyst control center along with the drivers and everytime I tried to a shutdown dialog message would come up and tell me that it needs to shutdown my computer because.... I dunno I wasn't paying attention, I was just trying to open up RUN and type shutdown -a to stop it. ;) . Although I DO remember that the shutdown was initiated by NT Authority.
So I tried that many times and nothing worked... Then I did it manuallly I uninstalled the drivers with device manager, removed CCC from the C:\ drive and also from the registry, including the add/remove list. I rebooted and then I found that whenever I tried to do a search on google images, nothing would come up, just the numbers of pages to chose from and then I tried to do a search for a picture and there were no options, just that stupid dog. And when I tried to look at someone's status in Xfire it was just BLACK. So I decided to do a windows repair. It fixed all of those errors although when I try to double click on the CCC icon on the desktop it says it can't find CLI.exe and when I plugin my soundblaster (it's USB) a blue screen comes up, although I think I've fixed it. Please tell me what's wrong with my pc and how I can find CLI.exe cus it's not coming up in search. And by the way, when I try to open windows media player it say "An Internal Application error occured" :?: I'm gonna post a HJT log just in case:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 09:04:12, on 25/06/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\USB SBAudigy2 NX\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG111 Configuration Utility\WG111CFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NSMdtr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Personal Firewall - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Temp\NIS8\NAV\External\NORTON\APP\NAVShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Personal Firewall - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Temp\NIS8\NAV\External\NORTON\APP\NAVShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SbUsb AudCtrl] RunDll32 sbusbdll.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\USB SBAudigy2 NX\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\USB SBAudigy2 NX\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Temp\NIS8\NAV\External\NORTON\NAVAPW32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [f29cc743.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Application Data\f29cc743.exe
O4 - Startup: Xfire.lnk = C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hamachi.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hamachi\hamachi.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Smart Wizard Wireless Settings.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Xfire.lnk = C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.flingstone.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.i-lookup.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.offshoreclicks.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.teensguru.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.xxxtoolbar.com
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by15fd.bay15.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrkq32 - winrkq32.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe (file missing)

Thanks in advance,

Richard

edit: now whenever I right click on an .exe, it says that windows explorer crashed and then my taskbar dissapears for about 3 seconds and comes back, wtf is going on??? HELP ME

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Whoof! Things seem pretty jacked up there. :(

1. You do have a couple of infections
2. Your Norton reinstallation seens to have gone awry: you've got critical pieces of it running from within your \Local Settings\Temp folder, which is just Not Right.
3. Some of the symptoms you describe definitely sound like non-malicious conflicts, but you've made so many changes to the system that I really don't know where to suggest that you start.

Can you download/run files without issue? If so, please do as much of the following as the state of your machine allows:

You will need to close/quit all web browser programs and disconnect from the Internet for much of the following, so you should print out these instructions or save them into a text file with Notepad.

* Use Norton's Live Update feature to make sure you have the most current antivirus updates installed.

* Download the following utilities:

Windows Defender - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
ATF-Cleaner - http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/2/
ewido Anti-malware (14-day trial version) - http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
CWShredder - http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/online-tools/cwshredder.exe

* Install Windows Defender according to the (yes, somewhat sparse) directions on the download site. Don't run a scan with it yet, just close it once the installation and updates are complete.

Install and Configure ewido:

• Close all other Applications and then run the ewido installer
  • Select language click Ok
  • Click I Agree
  • Click next
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish
  • Wait Ewido will open main screen automatically.
  • Wait again a few minutes and Ewido Should Auto update itself. If it doesn't click update at top of screen.
  • This in very important to get updates
  • When updating has finished, close Ewido.

* Open CWShredder and click the "Fix" button. Let it perform its scan, and close the program when the scan completes.

* Close all open programs/windows, (especially web browsers), run another HijackThis scan, and put a check in the boxes to the left of the following entries:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [f29cc743.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Application Data\f29cc743.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present <- don't fix you specifically set IE security options on purpose, or if you used Spybots Home Page and Option Lock down features in the Mode -> Advanced Mode -> Tools -> IE Tweaks section.
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.flingstone.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.i-lookup.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.offshoreclicks.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.teensguru.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.xxxtoolbar.com
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrkq32 - winrkq32.dll (file missing)

* Reboot into safe mode (you get to the safe mode boot option by hitting the F8 key as your computer is starting up) and:

* Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
- Under Main choose: Select All.
- Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
- Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All.
- Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
- Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

* Run full system scans with your antivirus program and Windows Defender. Have both programs fix all malicious items they find.

Open ewido

• Click on scanner top of Ewido sceen
  • Click on Settings
  • Under How to Act click on Recommended Action choose Quarantine
  • Under How to scan all boxes should be selected
  • Under Possibly unwanted software all boxes should be selected
  • On right side under Reports: click on Automatically generate report after every scan.
  • Under What to scan select scan every file
  • Click On scan Tab
  • Click on Complete system scan
  • Let the program scan the machine It can take awhile give it time.
  • When scan has finished At bottom of screen click Apply all Actions
  • Click Save report
  • Click Save Report as (Save as window's screen should pop up.)
  • Click desktop
  • Click Save
  • Exit ewido

* Open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".

- Locate and delete the following files if they still exist:
C:\Documents and Settings\Richard.RICHARDSPC\Local Settings\Application Data\f29cc743.exe
winrkq32.dll

* Empty your Recycle Bin, reboot normally, run HijackThis again, and post the new log. Also post the log that ewido generated.

-

Thanks a lot mate, but I reinstalled windows a few days ago :S

I just have one question though, when I reinstalled windows, everytime I rebooted it changed back my res. to 800 x 600 or something and I'd have to reset it to 1280 x 1024. The problem's gone now but I'd just like to know what was wrong.

Thanks a lot mate, but I reinstalled windows a few days ago :S

I just have one question though, when I reinstalled windows, everytime I rebooted it changed back my res. to 800 x 600 or something and I'd have to reset it to 1280 x 1024. The problem's gone now but I'd just like to know what was wrong.

It sounds like there was a (seemingly temporary) problem related to either your video card driver or your Display preferences, although you shouldn't quote me on that. The fact Windows seems to have sorted it out "automagically" is a bit rare.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.