Hi All,

Well, Im a new user here, and I saw some good Q about VMWare, and I have my own prob with it:
(The following is with Intel 810 motherboard)
I'm running winXP and VMware 4 installed, now I want to install RH9 for my testing using VMware , BUT I have Intel 810/815 motherboard , so I got 2 probs with it:
1. The first problem - during the installation when the RH9 installation program asks me for the second CD, I got two things:
A. the vmware was stuck.
B. the vmware didnt find the CD, and told me to "enable legacy mode" on my cdrom, what is it?

2. On my second computer (Intel 815 motherboard) I have installed RH9 in vmware under win2k, and it's working great , except the X server , the RH is trying to open DISPLAY 0:0 and failed , any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Chen.

1. Try Edit>Virtual Machine Settings from the VMWare menu. Then click on the CD option and choose legacy emulation. NOTE: the VM has to be stopped in order to configure this.

2. I should know the answer to this, but I haven't played with UNIX commands in about 5 years...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.