I have 2 hard disks on my pc......sda with 80GB and sdb with 250GB.....on sda i have two OS windows XP and PCLinuxOS........I tried to install DREAMLINUX on sdb and i formed 3 partitions on it for /,/home and swap........it got installed and i attached its entry to previously installed GRUB........after redoing PCLOS MBR i got DREAMLINUX's entry into boot menu....but when i boot either windows or pclinuxos they r not showing the drives of 250 GB hard disk..........also the DREAMLINUX is working in init 2 mode..........tell me a solution for this problem..........

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can you post the contents of your /etc/fstab file for pclinux ?

windows isn't going to show the hdd if it isn't fat / ntfs. and perhaps dreamlinux is using a format not known to pclinuxos too.

windows isn't going to show the hdd if it isn't fat / ntfs. and perhaps dreamlinux is using a format not known to pclinuxos too.

This is a very good point...you will need to dertermine what type of file systems you are trying to access. The default with most linux distros I believe is ext3. There is a windows driver you can install that will allow it to read ext3 partitions. Just google "Ext2 Installable File System For Windows"

thanks folks problem is solved

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.