Sorry i have'nt got a clue what i am doing i just bought a webserver and and can't get it to work.

I have a dynamic dns set up with my static ip address.
In the nat on my roter i have set up name1 as port 80 with my staticipaddress and name2 443 with my static ip address i also enabled the dynamic dns on my router with username password etc but cannot access my server from outside right now i get error http 2144 i am using a tp link td w8910g router i tried using the same setting as mention above with ip address 127.0.0.1 but had the same problem i am running centos 5 i don't know what to do next if i try to access my static ip address directly it takes me to my router admin page so i guess it is probably my router that is set up incorrectly??? sorry again i am clueless???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1st: portforward.com to set up port forwarding properly
2nd: when you access your external address from the internal network, you will hit the router, not the servers. Try using another PC connected to another ISP link to test

1st: portforward.com to set up port forwarding properly
2nd: when you access your external address from the internal network, you will hit the router, not the servers. Try using another PC connected to another ISP link to test

I already did what portfrward recommended for my router also I have been trying to access it from another isp it doesn't work when i go to my static ip or dynamic dns it points to my router fine i haven't altered anything in apache it is set up to listen to port 80 I did not install apache it came already installed with centos 5 I have changed noting no usernames or anything any ideas if i type httpd in the terminal it says cannot bind to port 0.0.0.0:80
i also shut down all other applicaions that might have been trying to use port 80 such as firefox and had the same problem when i run localhost or 127.0.0.1 it displays the apache default page fine

ok no problem i got it working now

you had iptables working, haven't you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.