Ok, so here goes, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed closest to me. I recently set up a dual boot on my laptop to run XP and Ubuntu 9.04 (or some number relatively close) and I installed Flash player 9 because it wouldn't take 10 for some reason, and now when I watch videos, lets say on YouTube, the video itself plays fine, but there is no sound. I'm going to run the update manager as soon as I can get a chance too, to see if that'll fix the problem.

Any ideas will be much appreciated. Oh, and I am new to Linux OS's.

Thanks everyone!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Crash~Override

Well you can go to Add/Remove software and choose third party source and download Adobe Flash. That what I did and its work fine but I am not using dual boot on my computer. Anyway I upgraded to 9.10 and do the same thing. So far so good. By the way I a new to Linux too. just share what I know.

Can you hear the sound when you play a normal video from your desktop?

Also make sure you enable restricted and multiverse software sources. Also if that doesn't fix the problem enable ubuntu backports usnder software sources>updates.

Can you hear the sound when you play a normal video from your desktop?

Also make sure you enable restricted and multiverse software sources. Also if that doesn't fix the problem enable ubuntu backports usnder software sources>updates.

Yeah, it plays music and other videos from my desktop fine. I'll try this as soon as i get a chance and tell you how it works out. Thanks for your help!

So, I reinstalled Flash, and ran my update manager, restarted and now it all works fine now. Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm not realy sure what I did, but i installed the .deb for ubuntu and stuff and yeah all went well and it works now

So, I reinstalled Flash, and ran my update manager, restarted and now it all works fine now. Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm not realy sure what I did, but i installed the .deb for ubuntu and stuff and yeah all went well and it works now

glad it worked for you and your welcome!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.