Hello- i have a 16gb flash drive, and after installing Portable Apps on it, windows belives it needs to be formated and when i try to formate it (i've tried FAT32, NTFS, and exFAT) it gets to the very end(where it writes the system files) and then errors out saying windows can not format this device. any ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. i don't care about keeping the data intacked

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I suggest you to use a usb flash drive format tool or try to format using Partition manager software. but check first on your flash drive company official site and find there any format tool available or not. normally all company provide that type of to on its site.

u no i tried all and nothing helps, it frustrates me and have a good mind filling at file 13-[dustbin]

I don't know how you format it (maybe manually). You can try like right click on my computer> manage and click on disk management. from here try to format it.

try insert in another computer to see if it will work normally. otherwise your flash drive may suffer corruption. Then choose some repair tool to fix it.

I agree with mjack if the flash drive doesnot work in another computer then your flash drive may suffer from Corruption.

try insert in another computer to see if it will work normally. otherwise your flash drive may suffer corruption. Then choose some repair tool to fix it.

hey guys my usb do read and format but the massage is "windows was unable to complete the formatt" and frustrates me its a 16g memo i tried all but only to get that massage

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.