Hello all,
I am have a problem with a laptop and how everytime you put it in its docking station and you give it a little bit of time. The screen will turn black at first glance, however if you watch closely, you can still barely see what is on your sceen. This only happens when the laptop is plugged into an external power source. I have tried using the function key and F8. I have made sure it was not just simply the brightness or contrast. If anyone has an idea of what the hell is going on, and could share it would be greatly appreciated.

hi there

it sounds as though you have a power fault either within you laptop motherboard or in the wiring to the screen itself. have you disassembled the machine at any stage prior to this occurrance? it could be that something has very slightly become dislodged either through upgrades taking place or while in transit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.