Hi All,

I have inherited a web site which is really a bit beyond me ... there's no option though, I've got to figure it out, so ...

The whole site uses Apache/Python/Django/Satchmo. I want to set up a sub-domain which uses a simple Apache/PHP set up.

I'm guessing that I need to add a virtual host to take care of this configuration. Only thing is, the current virtual host set up is causing me concern because I don't properly understand it and I don't want to break it.

It's the *:80 that's particularly bothering me - I get the feeling that if I put another virtual host section in then it will not read it because it's already dealt with it in the section detailed below? At the moment, if I go to subdomain.mydomain.co.uk then I get the same pages as if I had simply gone to mydomain.co.uk.

I am reluctant to experiment without being a little more sure of the outcome because this is on a live server and I cannot duplicate it on a development server (yet).

Here's the current code:

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
	ServerName www.mydomain.co.uk

Redirect permanent /pure http://myotherdomain.com/pure

WSGIDaemonProcess simon
	WSGIScriptAlias / /home/simondev/projects/mydomain/apache/django.wsgi

<Directory /home/simondev/projects/mydomain/apache>
		Order deny,allow
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

Alias /media/ 	/home/simondev/projects/mydomain/media/
	Alias /static/	/home/simondev/projects/mydomain/static/ 

<Directory /home/simondev/projects/mydomain/media>
		Order deny,allow
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

<Directory /home/simondev/projects/mydomain/static>
		Order deny,allow
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Simon.

Sorted ... I was looking in the wrong place!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.