Member Avatar

I need some help with the below please!

After installation of [Fedora] is completed, write a script called your LastName_StudentID.sh to obtain following options information:

• Get information about your operating system,
  • Get information about hosts
  • Network interface and routing information
  • Display a list of users currently logged on display a list of recently logged in users,
  • The display used and free memory information,
  • Display if the Linux operating system is installed on physical or Virtual machine.

Re: Assessment Help 80 80

Just thoughts, you have to verify and get the syntax down pat.

1. uname.
  2. cat (where ever the hosts file is)
  3. route or netstat
  4. w
  5. display used AFAIK is not simple. Try https://superuser.com/questions/647464/how-to-get-the-display-number-i-was-assigned-by-x
    5a. free
  6. Non-standard AFAIK. Read https://www.ostechnix.com/check-linux-system-physical-virtual-machine/
Member Avatar
Thank you so much, I tried to do it myself I got something very similar to yours. i'm stuck on the below:

Section C: File Management
Write a shell script to create a directory called “lastName_StudentID” and ask the user if he/she wants to copy a file to TESTING directory.

You should find out that the file has read, write and execute permission. If the file has write permission then copy the file to the directory; denied otherwise.

Section D: Pipe
Suppose we have a file called ‘lastName_StudentID_hotel.txt’ with 100 lines of hotel names, each name on a line. Write a script to print the hotel names from line number 20 to line number 30 inclusive. Store the results in a file called ‘lastName_StudentID_Hotls.txt’. Sort the file in alphabetical order.

@Ant, I looked at your top post and saw nothing about Section C and D. What you might be trying to do is to extend your discussion to include NEW QUESTIONS. Sorry but I won't do that. If you have new questions those are in new discussions. Otherwise you have discussions that never end.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.