Ok here is my new desktop setup for Ubuntu 6.06.
Ive got Linista 3 as the GTK/Metacity theme,
Some Mac OS X icons,
XGL/Compiz installed and running,
CGWD vista aero theme,
A application panel up top that is hidden unless rollover,
some terminal changes (transparency, text, text color),
and I also have Uslab (SLED like menu for ubuntu) in the corner, but I couldnt get a pic of it.

[IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1277/screenshot01yr9.png[/IMG]

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not bad... I see you've used the Vista window theme. I'm planning to add skins, but I haven't got around to (re)installing Linux on my MacBook. I think Apple should add a theme feature to Mac OS X, instead of forcing us to use hacks.

psst.. You need to edit your signature

yea I do mainly because
1. I already won the blog thing
2. My podcast sucks and I never do anthing for it

Yea I like the vista theme hopefully someone is working on making a customizable Uslab to look like vista. I went with the Mac OS X icons because well they look good and I have vista icons on my XP and my sister or someone would probably get confused and thing they were in windows.

yea I do mainly because
1. I already won the blog thing
2. My podcast sucks and I never do anthing for it

Yea I like the vista theme hopefully someone is working on making a customizable Uslab to look like vista. I went with the Mac OS X icons because well they look good and I have vista icons on my XP and my sister or someone would probably get confused and thing they were in windows.

it looks good. i've spent a while playing around with ubuntu/compiz/xgl/cgwd with decent results but i found that i'm just more productive with a 'clear' desktop and 2 normal looking default toolbars.

still though, while im waiting for evolution to download my mail i cant resist giving the progress window a quick wobble

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.