im a complete newbie at linux .. the reason im installing linux is because i want a transparent proxy server with squid ... so .. heres my setup
* AMD sempron 2200+ (x86/32 bit i think)
* ASUS A7S8X-MX or sth like tha motherboard
* 512 MB ram
* 20 GB hard dsik (FAT32) with current install of WinXP
* 17 GB hard disk (FAT32) with corrupted install of WinXP over which i plan to install redhat
* 80 GB hard disk (FAT32) with No OS and Important Data.
now .. i can boot from CD .. but the installation hangs at the "welcome to redhat" screen .. where it asks me to perform a CD-ROm media chek or somthing .. and doesnt do anything .. ive waited uptil an hour but no movement .. the PC hangs ..keyboard doesnt work ...nothing works what am i doing wrong ?
please help me with this .. thanx