Hi:
I have a Mac Powerbook G3 (Wallstreet) with 18GB HDD and 288 MB RAM. I use AT&T DSL on my Win XP desktop. I'm heading north and would like to take my laptop to check in on the web and check my email etc. I'll be staying in motels that advertise Hi Speed internet connections.
I have a PCI slot, ethernet and Firewire jacks on the laptop. No Floppy but a CD-ROM drive.
I have OS 9.2 and 10.2.3 running.
What, exactly, do I need to do what I want? I'd like it to be as financially painless as possible but absolutely fool proof.
tks,
johnd

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Johnd,
I was looking over the specs for your machine and wondered if indeed you have a Wallstreet. Looking over the specs on everymac tells me Wallstreets don't have firewire.

If you have a newer machine like a Pismo, first powerbook with firewire, then all you would need is an original airport card.

Johnd,
I was looking over the specs for your machine and wondered if indeed you have a Wallstreet. Looking over the specs on everymac tells me Wallstreets don't have firewire.

If you have a newer machine like a Pismo, first powerbook with firewire, then all you would need is an original airport card.

Well....I'll take another look at the backside of this thing and recheck all those holes.
I bought it as Wallstreet...but really didn't care what it was; I just wanted to try to learn my way around a MAC.
Tks for the response, everyplace else I've asked about this sez buy a newer machine like a G4
johnd

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.