Hi guys I was working in CS3 Illustrator a minute ago and I noticed that the shift key has stopped working ie it's not constraining my boxes to proportion when I try to resize them. I tried closing down the programme, trashing the illustrator preferences and restarted it but the same problem persists. It's not a problem with my keyboard as everything seems fine with Photoshop and InDesign.

It's such a pain in the arse as I'm trying to do some design work and it's making it impossible to get things done. I'd be ever so grateful if anyone knows how I would go about resolving this? I am at your mercy. Cheers very much.

Hi guys I was working in CS3 Illustrator a minute ago and I noticed that the shift key has stopped working ie it's not constraining my boxes to proportion when I try to resize them. I tried closing down the programme, trashing the illustrator preferences and restarted it but the same problem persists. It's not a problem with my keyboard as everything seems fine with Photoshop and InDesign.

It's such a pain in the arse as I'm trying to do some design work and it's making it impossible to get things done. I'd be ever so grateful if anyone knows how I would go about resolving this? I am at your mercy. Cheers very much.

I just had this same problem and found that if you throw away your illustrator preferences they basically reset and my quick keys work now with my space bar. If on a Mac, go into Library > Preferences > Illustrator Preferences and throw them in the trash. You can reset all of your preferences the way you want them. This seems to be the problem solver for many issues with Adobe Illustrator issues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.