Hi,
I have an html form which, when submitted, e-mails the data via php to me.
It all works fine, but I wondered if there was a way to get the output to be displayed in html rather than by e-mail.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,
I have an html form which, when submitted, e-mails the data via php to me.
It all works fine, but I wondered if there was a way to get the output to be displayed in html rather than by e-mail.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris.

Of course is :icon_cheesygrin: but you have to specify what kind of action you are looking for e.g. copy to email + a web page just for you with data, only web page, automated import to your business system etc.

Of course is :icon_cheesygrin: but you have to specify what kind of action you are looking for e.g. copy to email + a web page just for you with data, only web page, automated import to your business system etc.

Thanks for the swift response!
Apologies for not making myself clear.
The e-mail side is sorted (which I'll probably carry on doing as a record), but for other managers, they say they'd prefer the output to be more friendly, so if I had an existing web page with all the fields ready and waiting for data to be put in, how can I get the php to pop the data into the html page and then save that page on the web server (or e-mail the html page) to a recipient?
Hope that's a bit clearer.
If not, let me know and I'll have another go!
Thanks again!
Chris.

Thanks for details. All what you need to do is add few (trivial version shouldn't be longer than circa 50 lines of code) extra lines into php code to put data from web page form into xml attachment in email and add simple macro for automated processing such attachments.

Thanks for details. All what you need to do is add few (trivial version shouldn't be longer than circa 50 lines of code) extra lines into php code to put data from web page form into xml attachment in email and add simple macro for automated processing such attachments.

Thanks very much for your help - I'll see what I can do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.