When looking for free software to convert some MTS and WMV files to play on my galaxy note 3, I found two software talked about most by people online, Handbrake and MacX Video Converter Free Edition.

Handbrake, I know it is popular among people, could convert any video to MP4 (M4V), MKV and convert videos for popular mobile players including iPad, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, etc.

While MacX Video Converter Free Edition is able to convert between HD videos MKV, M2TS, AVCHD and SD videos AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV etc. It also can easily convert videos to iPad 5, iPhone 5S, iPod, Samsung, HTC, PSP, Microsoft, Xbox and ,more as well as convert pictures into a slideshow video.

Anyone tried both of them? Which one is better?

The best tool I have found for video transcoding is ffmpeg. There are binary builds for Linux, OSX, and Windows, plus source code of course. Here is a link to their download page: https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.