FOUR QUESTIONS: Firstly, why does the ALWAYS ASK FOR MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD OPTIONS not functioning eventhough I have clicked that option. Secondly, why do I keep getting the same message that my password is incorrect although I know it IS. This itruly annoys me as I have to retype my password everytime I access MSN Hotmail.
Thirdly, why do I get the message UNABLE TO ESTABLISH A SECURE CONNECTION TO C.MSN.COM every time I try to access MSN hotmail ?

And lastly, why does it take soooooo long to open my messages eventhough i operate on HIGH SPEED internet ?

Dumfounded in Canada,

Uluuti

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Firstly, why does the ALWAYS ASK FOR MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD OPTIONS not functioning eventhough I have clicked that option.

Have you turned off you cookies in your browser? What web browser are you using?

Secondly, why do I keep getting the same message that my password is incorrect although I know it IS.

I know this sounds stupid, but do you have the caps-lock on? If that's not it, when does this message come up?

Thirdly, why do I get the message UNABLE TO ESTABLISH A SECURE CONNECTION TO C.MSN.COM every time I try to access MSN hotmail ?

Your web browser warns you when you are going over an unencrypted connection. In the login page, below the password field, there should be a link that says "Use secure login". Try clicking that.

Note that clicking this will not work with the "save password" option, because it's insecure to use cookie authentication. Sorry if this is confusing.

And lastly, why does it take soooooo long to open my messages eventhough i operate on HIGH SPEED internet ?

Because Hotmail can be quite busy. What's your bandwidth? Mine is 1.5 Megabits/Second.

Dumfounded in Canada

;)

I normally use Google as Web Browser. I have no idea what my bandwidth is, and I don't know how to find out.

No, I don't have Caps-lock on when I loggin to Hotmail, and although I do use SECURE LOGIN, that message still pops up as soon as I start typing my password, and I enevitably have to type in my password twice before I can login.

Although I specifically ask NOT to save my ADDRESS & PASSWORD, my address shows up as soon as I access the window to Hotmail.

Thank you for your input, and for taking the time to write,

With much appreciation,

Uluuti

I normally use Google as Web Browser.

You and me are talking about 2 different things. Google is a website. A web browser is something that allows you to use the web, eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

No, I don't have Caps-lock on when I loggin to Hotmail, and although I do use SECURE LOGIN, that message still pops up as soon as I start typing my password, and I enevitably have to type in my password twice before I can login.

That's normal for Secure Login at Hotmail. At least for it to say initially, "Incorrect password". Not sure about you having to type in in twice though.

Although I specifically ask NOT to save my ADDRESS & PASSWORD, my address shows up as soon as I access the window to Hotmail.

This info may be filled in by your web browser. Web browsers often have a feature that saves password and form data in an internal database. You should check your prefs of your web browser to make sure it isn't the web browser that's filling it in for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.