OS X 10.3.5, PBG4/550, PalmDesktop 4.2.1.
1. each time on quit from PalmDesktop I get the Msg "File Busy"
cannot sync my Palm V pda anymore and by opening PalmDesktop it's recovering "unsaved data" (also with 10.2.8 - worked flawlessly for a long period and then suddenly the problem)
2. tried to install iSyn Palm Conduit 1.2, but it refuses to install saying
"cannot install on this computer"

I already repaired the permissions, repair disk thru Disk Repair

asked the question thru email at PALM ONE ---> NO reaction at all from them (talking of service to the customer ??)

Has somebody any idea to correct the situation svp? :-|

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

Are you by chance running Virex as a anti-virus program? I had that problem -- I installed the latest Virex for Macintosh (beta) and my Palm software just blew up. Not able to sync, and a re-install did not fix anything either. Just not a good thing.

IF youdo have Virex installed, you will need to disable the backgrounding applications, perhaps even remove it.

Christian

Hello,

Are you by chance running Virex as a anti-virus program? I had that problem -- I installed the latest Virex for Macintosh (beta) and my Palm software just blew up. Not able to sync, and a re-install did not fix anything either. Just not a good thing.

IF youdo have Virex installed, you will need to disable the backgrounding applications, perhaps even remove it.

Christian

THX, I threw out the lot, and unleashed Disk utility and Sys Optimizer and... EVERYTHING worked OK as nothing had happened, idem for iSync and its conduit
I hope the people at Virex will fix the problem
Greetings

Bye

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.