I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz w/MMX computer that uses Windows 98SE. I've been using Outlook Express 6.0 as my email client without any problems. But yesterday when I opened OE to read my messages I noticed a yellow triangle at the lower right of the window that read "ERROR!" Nothing else happened. What should I do? I really need my email messages. Any advice is welcomed! Thank you.

janda5

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz w/MMX computer that uses Windows 98SE. I've been using Outlook Express 6.0 as my email client without any problems. But yesterday when I opened OE to read my messages I noticed a yellow triangle at the lower right of the window that read "ERROR!" Nothing else happened. What should I do? I really need my email messages. Any advice is welcomed! Thank you.

janda5

brings back memories ,i once bought a new mmx 166,$2175.00

so nothing haqppens when you click on send and recieve ,did you check in tools /accounts and make sure you correct user info is there,like password and username and ,ISP's phone number and stuff!

brings back memories ,i once bought a new mmx 166,$2175.00

so nothing haqppens when you click on send and recieve ,did you check in tools /accounts and make sure you correct user info is there,like password and username and ,ISP's phone number and stuff!

Thanks a lot, caperjack! I'll try that.

janda5

also check the server infor, if out look is set to send and receive when it start and the server info is not correct you will get that yellow icon, check with your ISP if they are having a problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.