smithwmg1 0 Newbie Poster

I have used T'bird and Firefox successfully in the past. I usually wind up with Firefox for a while, then encounter a couple of things that I can't figure out and then return to IE and Outlook.

I had to have my Dell E521 PC restored to factory settings about 3 months ago and recently tried installing Firefox/T'bird after getting fed up w/ IE. I don't know if this is the result of the system restore, but when I logged in to Thunderbird it asked for my password. It's done this before but I've always been able to click on the prompt w/ the response empty or entered a password that I thought might be correct and it has worked.

Now, I can't get into T'bird email w/o giving the correct answer-which-I apparentlydon't know. I have tried the instructions given for creating a new password but it won't worl w/o correctly entering the old password. I've tried to make it stop requiring a password but that too has been unsuccessful. I'm not even sure if the master password is the same as the one for of service provider (Comcast). that is the password that used to work. I had thought that I left the password space blank when setting up Tbird (that option doesn't work when I try it)

Any ideas for getting around or fixing this problem? Thanks for any help.
wgs