Hi guys,
Am in deep trouble here. The last windows update just wont work, and its messing up the computer badly.
Scenario................
Screen 1: usual .....check for latest.....etc
Screen 2: Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer.
To continue: Register or reinstall the files for me now (Recommended) used this option first.
Let me read about more steps that might be required to solve the problem.......pressed ok, and found myself back at the original screen, but on checking the history, found that the download had failed.
Went to the second option, and was passed to a search screen. No matter how I worded the request, there were no results. I have not had a code come up anywhere to help. The download was: Security update for (Jscript Version 5.6) for Windows 2000 (KB917344)

Since this error came up, my printer has not been recognized, and neither will my USB hub.
It was suggested I downloaded and used the Java script repair program, but that installation also failed. Using this idea, I then tried downloading other programs, with the same result.
Any help you can offer will be welcomed

I use Windows 2000 Pro and service pack 4

Many thanks
IVYLADY 57

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.