I have 6 users all experiencing the same issue.
They have items listed in there calendar and the remiders are being generated but they are not popping-up to alert them.
Does anyone know what this could be?
Its MS Outlook 2003 SP2.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

don't have it in front of me (happily using linux) but it is a setting in Outlook, try to look for it

don't have it in front of me (happily using linux) but it is a setting in Outlook, try to look for it

I have checked the option in the advanced option and reminders are set to appear.

reinstall then, if possible from a different source than the one you have been using up to now.

OK, so you've set the Desktop Alert Settings, in Advanced Email Options, in Email Options, from the Preferences tab, in Tools/Options, right? Just taking a whack at MS for having to go six layers deep for a couple of check boxes!
Before you go to all the trouble of re-installing software, have you tried creating a new email profile for said users? Beyond that, you could try creating a new windows profile, to ensure all settings related to Outlook/Exchange have been cleared from the computer. Lastly, does this symptom follow the user or is it specifice to the workstation each uses?
I am just putting some ideas out there, I have not had to solve this problem myself.
Best of luck to you.
BR

get Office 2003 SP3 i had issue with SP2 not syncing calendar stuff properley to my PDA

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.