Hello everyone, Im just a 14 year old kid tyring to get his disk drives working so he can reinstall wolrd of warcraft. Basically what is wrong is I have two disk drives. A burner and a dvd rom. My burner drive light blinks like its reading a disk but there is no disk and then the dvd rom drive wont read anything because the burner is blinking. The burner drive wont even open. Im desperate to get my disk drives so I can get back to world of warcraft someone please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

First thing to try is to uninstall them and let windows reload the drivers for them ,to do this ,right click on mycomputer/go to properties/hardware/device manager / now click on the + next to DVD/cdrom ,then right click and choose uninstall both that are listed ,and then reboot computer ,windows will find new hardware and reinstall drivers for each drive ,then try them and see what happens ,good luck

Hello everyone, Im just a 14 year old kid tyring to get his disk drives working so he can reinstall wolrd of warcraft. Basically what is wrong is I have two disk drives. A burner and a dvd rom. My burner drive light blinks like its reading a disk but there is no disk and then the dvd rom drive wont read anything because the burner is blinking. The burner drive wont even open. Im desperate to get my disk drives so I can get back to world of warcraft someone please help.

Oops, hello Jack you beat me to the punch. I was gonna suggest disconnecting the burner and see if the dvd rom starts working.

First thing to try is to uninstall them and let windows reload the drivers for them ,to do this ,right click on mycomputer/go to properties/hardware/device manager / now click on the + next to DVD/cdrom ,then right click and choose uninstall both that are listed ,and then reboot computer ,windows will find new hardware and reinstall drivers for each drive ,then try them and see what happens ,good luck

I just got done tryin this and it didnt work for me. Is there anything else I can try?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.